Saturday, December 7, 2013

Too good to be true?

In the back of my mind, I've been a little worried that everything seemed to be moving to smoothly, and I've been mentally preparing myself for the news that something is going to be delayed.  Well, I got that phone call on Thursday.  I'm still not sure what the whole story is, but apparently last week, someone stole the wire connecting the house to the main electrical supply.  A new wire was ordered and the power company (West Penn Power. GRRRR!) was supposed to be out Thursday to hook it back up.  Our PM talked to them Thursday morning to verify they were coming and was informed they would not be out until Monday.  We are supposed to close on Tuesday, which doesn't give our PM enough time to get all of the inspections completed before closing.  We were initially extremely upset.  We have sitters and movers lined up and now everything has to be rescheduled.  We even tried calling the power company ourselves to see if we could get them out sooner.  At the end of the day, it's not as bad as initially expected.  Our biggest concern was that the movers wouldn't be available.  We only have our storage until through December 15th, so if we couldn't get movers scheduled before then, we'd have to pay for another whole month for the units.  So, now we're closing December 13th and moving the 14th and I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood that nothing is delayed going forward. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment