Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Final Walk-Through Scheduled... I think?

We are getting really close to closing and part of me is super excited, but the other part is nervous that something will go wrong and we won't be able to close next week.  Hubs has been very diligent about getting in touch with NVR to make sure they have everything they need, since they don't seem to be concerned with asking for everything themselves.  We've had a few different days/times tentatively scheduled for our final walk-through, but I think we're finally down to an official day.  Time is still yet to be determined. I'm definitely starting to get annoyed with the whole process and how nothing ever seems to go according to schedule.  It's frustrating that I'm living 45 minutes away with a baby, so I plan to be in the area for something and it ultimately gets pushed back a day or two.  Haven't they built enough of these things that the timeline should be fairly consistent? I also can't wait to see what happens in our final walk-through with a few issues in the house.  We try not to bug our PM too much with small issues that we see because we realize he may not have done an inspection yet, but when there are obvious cracks in cabinets that have been hanging for weeks, it was time to say something and not just hope that they would be fixed in the next few days.  I understand that he's busy, but our home is also a priority and he should be there to look at things before the last week and hope that everything he needs to get fixed will.  I have a feeling there will be a lot of post-its hung around the house for our 30 day inspection. Every switch plate will be hung level if it's the last thing I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment