Wednesday, July 24, 2013

NVR Meeting

We recently had our meeting with NVR to discuss mortgage options.  I'm not the financial one in the family, so I don't really have much to say about this process.  The hubs is our main financial planner and with a baby at home, we opted to have him go to the appointment first to talk about all of the options, then I came later with the baby to sign everything. I think my hand still hurts from signing all the papers! From what he told me, everything looks good and I think he was happy with what they had to say.  I'm sure we'll be going crazy checking the interest rates for the next few months.  We can't really do anything about it too soon as it is crazy expensive to lock early, but within a month or two of closing, it will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

They said everything looks fine and we should qualify.  There's one little glitch with the hubs' work situation, so their main underwriter might not work out, but they assured us that they have others they work with and we should be okay.  I guess, worst case scenario, they decline us and then we can use our own mortgage company. The advantage to using NVR is that we get additional incentives in the house if we use them, but if NVR declines US, then we get to use our own company AND keep all of the incentives.  I don't see that happening, and it would probably be easier to just continue down the path with NVR since we've already provided our information and the process seems to be very time consuming.

Our next meeting is with Rite Rug to discuss flooring.  I'm both excited and nervous for this appointment.  It seems like a fun thing to do, but also seems like it might be a tad overwhelming.  I've never had to pick out flooring for one room, let alone a whole house!

1 comment:

  1. I have 2 suggestions for picking flooring: Before you go to the appointment, go to pinterest and start pinning rooms and home-decorating ideas. Just start pinning anything and everything that appeals to you. Then go back and review what you've pinned, you should notice similarities, such as most of the rooms you pinned have dark hardwoods, or all bathrooms you pinned have white ceramic, etc. That might help narrow down what you are most drawn to without even realizing it :) Secondly, using the same flooring throughout a house makes the floorplan seem more cohesive and helps the flow of the house. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete